GDPR affects the way we collect and use information about visitors to our website, and makes it easier to find out what information we may hold about you. It also makes it easier for you to request that we remove your information from our database.
GDPR also affects the way we track users on our website using cookies.
If you contact us using the contact form on our website, by email or by telephone we will record your contact information (name, email address and / or phone number) so that we can contact you in relation to your enquiry. We will not use this information for any other purpose unless you explicitly agree to allow us to do so.
If you would like us to remove your details from our database, please contact us. We will remove your details from our database within one month, in compliance with Article 17 of GDPR
O’Keeffe Antiques are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
O’Keeffe Antiques may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy, which applies when you visit our premises, use your mobile device or go online provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
What Data We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Categories Of Data We May Collect
We may collect and process the following categories of information about you:
Category of Data Collected/Held
- Name, surname and your contact details (email address, telephone/mobile number and postal address).
- Information about your transaction, including your payment card details.
- Information related to your home andour services in connection with your home (e.g. property style, number of rooms, type of project).
- The communications and feedback you exchange with us (e.g. your emails, letters, calls or your messages).
- Your posts and messages on social media directed to O'Keeffe Antiques.
- Information about how you use our website such as searches for products.
When We Process Such Data
- When you contact O'Keeffe Antiques or you are contacted by us.
- When you purchase our products.
- When you engage with one of our staff.
- When you use our lighting consultancy/advance
- When you choose an offer we make available on our website.
- When we undertake market research when you have consented to be included in phone, email or workshop surveys.
- When you interact with us on social media.
- When you reply to our requests for feedback or participate in our customer surveys.
- When you navigate on our website or when you use our mobile website.
Purpose And Lawful Basis For Processing Your Data
We have two purposes for processing your personal data:
- To sell our products to you and carry out any logistics for delivery or return of goods. This purpose allows O’Keeffe Antiques to lawfully process your data for legitimate interests and our legal obligations to your country’s tax and revenue authorities.
- To inform, inspire and engage with you about our products and services. This purpose allows O’Keeffe Antiques to seek your consent to process your data for communication, education and marketing purposes. Without your explicit consent, O’Keeffe Antiques will not process your data for this purpose.
The purpose and lawful basis for processing your data may change from time to time, where this policy will be updated.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide goods and services to you.
- To verify your identity.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- With your agreement, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes.
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a pubic authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing Data With Third Parties
Our Service Providers and Suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
O'Keeffe Antiques only allows its service providers to handle your personal dat awhen we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. They can only use your data to provide services to O'Keeffe Antiques and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other Third Parties
Aside from our service providers, O'Keeffe Antiques will not disclose your personal dat to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about how O’Keeffe Antiques uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01244 311279;
- e-mail us at: email@example.com or
- write to us at: O’Keeffe Antiques, 2 Christleton Road, Chester CH3 5UG
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to O’Keeffe Antiques Limited, 2 Christleton Road, Boughton, Chester, CH3 5UG.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
OUR COOKIES POLICY
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie fileof the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies do not store any sensitive or personal information such as your name or address. A cookie message appears asking your permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. By agreeing to our cookies and using our website, you agree that we can keep cookies in place and help us to remember you while keeping your personal details protected.
i.) First-party cookies.
We use first party cookies to store information about items that you add to your shortlist.
ii.) Third party cookies
We use a variety of third party services to improve the functionality of our website and to track how visitors interact with the site so that we can identify what works well and what would benefit from improvement.
The usage information collected via these third party services is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
If you use one of the third party services (such as ShareThis), they may collect personal information from you. A list of the services we use, and their respective privacy policies, can be found below.
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website. This give us a valuable insight into how people use our website, what works and what doesn't. This in turn allows us to make improvements to the website to improve the user experience.
The information collected by Google Analytics is anonymous and is used only to measure activity of visitors to the website, and the data collected cannot be linked back to an individual person.
More information can be found here:
Cookies used on this website:
|OKShortlist||www.okeeffeantiques.co.uk||Used to remember your shortlist. No personal information is stored|
|PHPSESSID||www.okeeffeantiques.co.uk||Website session cookie. Expires when browser is closed.|
|DSID||.doubleclick.net||Used by Google Analytics|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Used by Google Analytics|
|_wios||wurfl.io||Used to help Google Analytics identify device types (i.e. desktop, mobile etc.)|
|_wiou||wurfl.io||Used to help Google Analytics identify device types (i.e. desktop, mobile etc.)|
|wurfljs_ch_e6b04c8770df66c68b46b9485d45dc74||www.okeeffeantiques.co.uk||Used to help Google Analytics identify device types (i.e. desktop, mobile etc.)|
|st_optout||.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
|.sharethis.com||.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
|pxcelBcnLcy||.t.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
|pxcelPage_c010||.t.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
|__utma||.edge.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
|__utmz||.edge.sharethis.com||Used to remember ShareThis preferences|
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies you will not be able to use the shortlist feature. ShareThis and Google Analytics will also be disabled if you choose not to accept cookies.
If you do not want to accept cookies from okeeffeantiques.co.uk you can change your browser settings so that cookiesare not accepted. If you choose to do this, please be aware okeeffeantiques.co.uk may no longer function as intended.
How Can I Turn My Cookies Off?
All popular browsers (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari) allow you to change your cookie settings so that cookies are not longer enabled across all websites that you visit. You can find information explaining how to disable cookies for the main browsers in the 'Where to find information about controlling cookies' section at the Information Commissions website; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
Why Choose O'Keeffe Antiques?
O'Keeffe Antiques are antique lighting retail specialists and have a large selection of antique chandeliers, antique lanterns, antique wall lights and unusual decorative items.
Our Chester showroom features one of the largest selections of antique chandeliers and lighting in the UK.
We source our antique lighting from all over Europe and carefully restore it to the highest standard and quality.
Our exceptional level of personal service means our customers are looked after every step of the way.